Strategically analyzes, implements, communicates, administers and makes recommendations for improvements of employee benefit programs. Oversees the timely and accurate processing of employee benefits, coordinating activities of benefits staff engaged in processing benefits enrollment and monthly billing. Other responsibilities include 401(k) and NQDC administration and record keeping, compiling benefit statistics and market trends, HRIS administration for benefit plans structure and reporting, assisting with annual benefit renewal process in conjunction with benefits brokers and vendors to implement strategic benefit plans that add value and are cost effective to the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically directs benefit programs nationwide ensuring processing of employee benefits enrollment is handled according to ERISA, COBRA, DOL, IRS HIPAA and Affordable Care Act guidelines.
- Directs/manages benefits analyst(s) and partners with outsourcing partner to efficiently administer benefit offerings.
- Directs and maintains new/revised benefits in HRIS and online enrollment system.
- Helps develop effective communication of benefits offerings to employees.
- Directs 401(k) administration ensuring employee deferrals and funding is processed according to ERISA, DOL and IRS guidelines.
- Liaison with outside vendors of all types to ensure consistency and accuracy of treatment of employees and data.
- Participates in annual review of benefit programs for best practice, pricing and quality. Provides data necessary for annual benefit renewals.
- Conducts detailed audits of benefit enrollments, benefit deductions, 401(K) contributions, 401(K) loans and related HRIS information to ensure cost effectiveness is maintained and processed under IRS guidelines.
- Manages the Non Discrimination process and annual 401(k) audit process.
- Oversees Leave of Absence and COBRA administration with outsourcing partner. Addresses employee benefits and leave of absence issues and maintains DOL compliance and resolves grievances.
- Provides monthly enrollment and controllable cost reports to management and Finance for financial reporting plan year.
- Assigns duties and manages benefits staff work for accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures. Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting benefits to improve efficiency.
- Oversees new hire benefit training materials and employee benefit communication.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or combination of education in a related discipline and equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years related benefits experience and/or training and minimum 5 years in a benefits management role
- CEBS, CBP, or related benefits certification is preferred
- In-depth experience with consumer driven plan design, health savings accounts, self-funded plans and reinsurance
- Comfortable with HRIS system set up and maintenance
What We’ll Offer You
- Unparalleled support to grow your career
- A culture that celebrates success and diversity
- Benefits and perks for you, your family and even your pets!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and paid time off for full-time positions
Smile Brands Inc. and all relevant Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. We are proud to celebrate diversity and provide an inclusive workplace for all employees.