Smile Brands, a three-time Glassdoor Best Place to Work, is seeking a Help Desk Support Technician to join our team! We are seeking a highly motivated team member that wants to help support the company’s goal of providing Smiles for Everyone. The ideal candidate will have experience in a fast-paced, customer service environment and have excellent communication skills. This person would be working closely with our Midwest Dental group, you will provide a wide array of technical assistance to your assigned region. This position provides software and network support, training, and troubleshooting to solve technology issues. The Help Desk Support Technician responds to user requests in a timely manner and determines the nature and extent of support needed and offers solutions.
- Provides software support to the entire Midwest, Mountain, Mondovi, and Merit Dental region, which includes technical assistance to Regional Directors, Business Office Managers, Dentists, and Support Center staff.
- Responds to user requests on site or over the phone for service and determines the nature and extent of support needed.
- Provides technical support in diagnosing and solving problems by remote access and responds to help desk trouble tickets according to urgency and priority levels
- Uses the help desk ticket system to track and close all client/user calls/problems reported to IT
- Assists office managers and other staff with legacy practice management software and digital imaging
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots a wide range of programs used throughout dental offices
- Troubleshoots x-ray imaging equipment
- Performs hardware/software updates to existing computer equipment
- Manages image and set-up of new workstations and laptop computers
- Troubleshoots printer problems
- Manages basic repairs of returned equipment
- Resolves connection problems with offices and internet providers
What’s It Like to Work at Smile Brands?
We believe in building a happy, harmonious work environment where you love what you do—and our culture supports that. You’ll have room for growth, the opportunity to advance in your career, and even the chance to explore new professional options both locally and nationally.
- A+/Network+ Certification or two (2) years equivalent experience providing support for networks, servers, desktop systems, and communications devices using current technologies and software.
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of information technology
- Experience with personal computers, including hardware and software
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft applications
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Analytical skills
- Unparalleled support to grow your career
- A culture that celebrates success and diversity
- Benefits and perks for you, your family and even your pets!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and paid time off for full-time positions
Smile Brands Inc. and all relevant Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. We are proud to celebrate diversity and provide an inclusive workplace for all employees.
DISCLAIMER: Please be aware of suspicious recruiting emails and text messages scams that attempt to collect your personal information. You will never be asked for your driver license or Social Security number during an online interview. Additionally, we do not attempt to collect money, gift cards or request you to purchase.