Smile Brands, a three-time Glassdoor Best Place to Work, is seeking an Insurance Billing & Collections Specialist to join the Johnson Family Dental team! You’ll be an integral part of our vision working as you collect patient balances, audit credit balances and trace claims in the Irvine corporate office.
You will deliver Smiles for Everyone by:
- Managing the workflow of assigned accounts and meeting deadlines for filing to obtain maximum reimbursements. Monitoring collections activity for timely payment from all revenue sources.
- Understanding and staying informed of changes with procedures, billing guidelines and laws for specific insurance carriers or payers.
- Conducting full patient account audits to determine appropriate action.
- Review account for major treatment requiring additional documentation. Process insurance billing for completed treatment.
At our affiliated dental offices, our clinicians share our passion, integrity, and dedication to providing quality, compassionate care to our patients. As we continue to grow, we need talented individuals like you to help us attain even more success in providing the best dental services for all.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role or reviewing claims and appeals OR 2+ year’s recent collections experience in a dental or medical setting.
- Knowledge of CDT Coding and Terminology, a plus.
- Ability to read dental radiographs, and proficiency in Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Knowledge of dental/medical industry and insurance plans (i.e. HMO, PPO, and Discount Plans) is strongly preferred.
- The ability to read, speak and write in the English language in a clear and concise manner.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Team member must be detail oriented, organized and work with little supervision.
Smile Brands Inc. and all relevant Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. We are proud to celebrate diversity and provide an inclusive workplace for all employees.