Smile Brands, a three-time Glassdoor Best Place to Work, is seeking an Insurance Collections Specialist to join our team. We are seeking a detail-oriented individual with experience in claims appeals and reviewing EOBs. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Calling insurance carriers or any other practical research resources to verify if a claim has been received and what the outcome paid and/or denial reason is
- Contacting and following up with insurance company representatives
- Updating all patient accounts to correct inaccurate information i.e. demographics, eligibility dates, termination dates and contract allowance and/or maximum
- Managing the workflow of assigned accounts and meeting deadlines for filing to obtain maximum reimbursements. Monitoring collections activity for timely payment from all revenue sources
- Understanding and staying informed of changes with procedures, billing guidelines and laws for specific insurance carriers or payers
- Following up on any overdue accounts and researching accounts to determine why the balance remains unpaid
- Auditing insurance claims to identify and provide required attachments and auditing attachments for completeness and suitability
- Working zero paid or partial paid Explanation of Benefit (EOB) and take action to appeal or properly adjudicate claims
- Ensuring claim submissions for secondary coverage is within timely filing limits
- Ensuring responses to claim inquiries and tracing is within timely filing limits
- Conducting full patient account audits to determine appropriate action
- Ensuring all dental billing/collection letters are prepared and mailed according to the set schedule
What we want from you:
- 2 years of experience in a similar role to collections, reviewing claims or appeals
- A G3 attitude – Greeting, Guiding & Gratitude – in verbal and written communications with internal and external clients
What We’ll Offer You
- Unparalleled support to grow your career
- A culture that celebrates success and diversity
- Benefits and perks for you, your family and even your pets!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and paid time off for full-time positions
Disclaimer: Please be aware of suspicious recruiting emails and text message scams which attempt to collect your personal information. You will never be asked for a drivers license or social security number during an online interview. Additionally, we do not collect money, gift cards or request you to purchase equipment on behalf of the company.