Smile Brands, a three-time Glassdoor Best Place to Work, is seeking an IT Support Specialist to join our team! We are seeking a highly motivated team member that wants to help support the company’s goal of providing Smiles for Everyone. The ideal candidate will have experience in a fast-paced, technical support environment and have excellent communication and documentation skills. This person would be working closely with Smile Brands users and will provide a wide array of technical assistance. This position provides software and network support, training, and troubleshooting to solve technology issues. The IT Support Specialist responds to user requests in a timely manner and determines the nature and extent of support needed and offers solutions.
- Provides onsite desktop support requests as well as inbound/outbound technical phone support
- Responds to service requests according to urgency and priority levels
- Uses the help desk ticket system to track and close all assigned tasks
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots a wide range of programs used throughout dental offices
- Performs hardware/software updates to existing computer equipment
- Personally handles bench repairs or coordinates vendor warranty bench repairs
- TCP/IP troubleshooting to verify circuit stability, WiFi connectivity and escalate according to documented process.
- Web browser support
- Travel to local and national offices to provide onsite technical services
What We’ll Offer You
- Unparalleled support to grow your career
- A culture that celebrates success and diversity
- Benefits and perks for you, your family and even your pets!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and paid time off for full-time positions
What’s It Like to Work at Smile Brands?
- We believe in building a happy, harmonious work environment where you love what you do—and our culture supports that. You’ll have room for growth, the opportunity to advance in your career, and even the chance to explore new professional options both locally and nationally.
- A+/Network+ Certification or two (2) years equivalent
- Experience providing support for networks, servers, desktop systems, and communications devices using current technologies and software.
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of ITSM
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical internal and external end users/vendors
- Practice good time management to coordinate the completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- Ability to work with multiple systems.
- Requires highly developed communication skills to effectively work with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work as a team member, creating and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Accuracy, problem solving and attention to detail a must.
- High School Diploma/ GED required, AA or higher strongly preferred.
- No Dental knowledge necessary
Smile Brands Inc. and all relevant Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. We are proud to celebrate diversity and provide an inclusive workplace for all employees.