Smile Brands, a three-time Glassdoor Best Place to Work, is seeking an IT Support Specialist to join our team! We are seeking a highly motivated team member that wants to help support the company’s goal of providing Smiles for Everyone. The ideal candidate will have experience in a fast-paced, technical support environment and have excellent communication and documentation skills. This person would be working closely with Smile Brands users and will provide a wide array of technical assistance. This position provides software and network support, training, and troubleshooting to solve technology issues. The IT Support Specialist responds to user requests in a timely manner and determines the nature and extent of support needed and offers solutions.
- Provides onsite desktop support requests as well as inbound/outbound technical phone support
- Responds to service requests according to urgency and priority levels
- Uses the help desk ticket system to track and close all assigned tasks
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots a wide range of programs used throughout dental offices
- Performs hardware/software updates to existing computer equipment
- Personally handles bench repairs or coordinates vendor warranty bench repairs
- TCP/IP troubleshooting to verify circuit stability, WiFi connectivity and escalate according to documented process.
- Web browser support
- Travel to local and national offices to provide onsite technical services
What’s It Like to Work at Smile Brands?
- We believe in building a happy, harmonious work environment where you love what you do—and our culture supports that. You’ll have room for growth, the opportunity to advance in your career.
- A+/Network+ Certification or two (2) years equivalent
- Experience providing support for networks, servers, desktop systems, and communications devices using current technologies and software.
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of ITSM
- Proficient in all Microsoft office applications
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical internal and external end users/vendors
- Practice good time management to coordinate the completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- Ability to work with multiple systems
- Requires highly developed communication skills to effectively work with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work as a team member, creating and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Accuracy, problem solving and attention to detail a must.
- High School Diploma/ GED required, AA or higher strongly preferred.
- No Dental knowledge necessary
What We’ll Offer You
- Unparalleled support to grow your career
- A culture that celebrates success and diversity
- Benefits and perks for you, your family and even your pets!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and paid time off for full-time positions
Smile Brands Inc. and all relevant Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. We are proud to celebrate diversity and provide an inclusive workplace for all employees.