Smile Brands Inc. has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Coordinator. This position reports to the Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager and supports the company's purchasing initiatives with emphasis on the organization’s indirect services and products. We are seeking a dynamic, hardworking professional with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and the desire and ability to work in a fast paced, growing and culturally rich environment.
This is a Hybrid role, it will require occasional visits to the corporate office in Irvine, CA.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Collaborate and assist internal customers and strategic vendor partners with indirect services to include but not limited to: janitorial, document storage, uniforms, office supplies and other facility services
- Review and reconcile monthly consolidated invoices from strategic vendor partners
- Resolve price discrepancies and collect credits from strategic vendor partners
- Participate and support continuous cross training efforts throughout Strategic Sourcing Department
- Collaborate on special projects as assigned
- Continually evaluate and recommend process improvement measures
The environment is dynamic and ever changing; we’re looking for someone who is adaptive and can manage competing demands. Communicating effectively with purchasing colleagues and other internal cross-functional teams is critical. Working autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team environment is extremely important.
What We Need From You
- Minimum one year of experience working in a Purchasing or Administrative position. Purchasing experience highly desirable and knowledge of indirect services and products preferred
- Computer skills: Excel, Word, and Outlook
- History of providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work well in a continuously changing environment
- Self starter with strong pro-active initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to problem solve and present solutions
- High School graduate or equivalent
What We’ll Offer You
- Unparalleled support to grow your career
- A culture that celebrates success and diversity
- Benefits and perks for you, your family and even your pets!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and paid time off for full-time positions
Smile Brands Inc. and all relevant Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. We are proud to celebrate diversity and provide an inclusive workplace for all employees.