Smile Brands, a Glassdoor Top 100 Best Place to Work, is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to join our team.
An ideal candidate will be an innovative, adaptable lifelong learner, who takes action. Their approach should always be to look at the bigger picture.
- Orchestrate / design / develop reusable data products utilizing data transformation, real-time data ingestion, performing tasks connected with data analytics, testing, and system design in the big data and cloud environments.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Implement business intelligence solutions to achieve reporting and data analysis goals coordinating with stakeholders and business analysts.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations including data warehousing, reporting, analytics, data governance, data exploration, information delivery.
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Passionate for continuous learning and understanding things in and around data exploration and analysis.
- Experience manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- 5+ years of experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and business intelligence architectures and best practices
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative and iterative development environment
- Experience with data modeling for both OLAP and OLTP databases, hands-on experience with SQL, preferred PostgreSQL, Oracle.
- Experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho Data Integration
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with data visualization platforms such as Looker, Quicksight, Tableau, QlikView
Experience with the following a plus:
- Experience with Python or Java
- Experience with the AWS data-centric ecosystem: Glue, RDS, S3, Athena, Redshift, SageMaker, Kinesis.
- Experience with stream-processing systems such as Kafka
What We’ll Offer You
- Unparalleled support to grow your career
- A culture that celebrates success and diversity
- Benefits and perks for you, your family and even your pets!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and paid time off for full-time positions
Smile Brands Inc. and all relevant Affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers. We are proud to celebrate diversity and provide an inclusive workplace for all employees.
DISCLAIMER: Please be aware of suspicious recruiting emails and text messages scams that attempt to collect your personal information. You will never be asked for your driver license or Social Security number during an online interview. Additionally, we do not attempt to collect money, gift cards or request you to purchase.